Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Character Moment #14 – December 19, 2007

This is the last Character Moment of 2007 and I have one wish for all of us in 2008. As I have all year, it has been my hope to encourage the building of character within our school community. To truly build our character I believe that there is one source, and that is God’s Word. It is in His word where we find story after story about how God’s love restores people.

The Bible really is a love story. The more you know its words, the more you are reminded about how much God does love us.

With the New Year coming, I would like to challenge you to do something for maybe the first time. Before January 1, go find a bible. It might be the one you have for school use, but it can be any version. I have enjoyed, The Message, in the past. Then get a guide that gives you a daily reading. My wife works at The Bible House at Tustin and Katella and they have guides (and bibles) there. The guide should take you through the Bible in one year. An online source is www.backtothebible.org It offers many options to get you through the bible in a year.

Finally, take the 10-15 minutes max to read a little bit every day. I am getting ready to start my 11th year of this, and this daily ritual has truly changed my life. God’s Word is power. It is hard to explain, but your life will change!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: